Studying in the sun is awesome. It’s about 75 degrees Fahrenheit and I’m making vitamin D–I’m sure of it. I’m at a favorite cafe called Ava Roasteria in Tigard, OR (a few miles from campus) that’s open 24 hours and it’s really pretty here. There’s a reservoir to look upon, and on days like this, there’s this fountain that kids play in all day. It’s just a series of water streams that come out of the pavement by pressing a button. The kids have mastered it, albeit very young for the most part. This area sports more diversity than Portland despite its size, so it reminds me a lot of my hometown in California. People of all descents seem to visit this cafe: African-Americans, Mexicans, South Americans, Persians, Indians, Chinese, and ones I might not know–and I feel a great sense of comfort at how they are all Oregonians. As I hope to join the Oregon State Bar myself, I hope the diversity of the state will grow and that I can be part of that trend and its future. My law school experience has been amazing, and I can’t believe it’s ending but simultaneously I feel the call of the work ahead pulling me forward. I’m where I’m supposed to be. And it feels good.

25 April 2013

Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.